Friday, February 27, 2015

Birthdays etc.

 Just as we get over the holidays, we barely get to catch our breath and our birthday marathon begins!  We have four birthdays in eight days.  

First is Maggie's!  
And believe it or not, Maggie is now...




...this many fingers old!!  (She had to borrow two of Silas's fingers.)  Every year it is so hard to believe how big she's getting.  Every mom says that, I know, but I still remember my little baby girl, and now what a lovely young lady she has become!

So we started the day with homemade donuts, everyone's favorite! 



Maggie invited a couple of her friends from gymnastics to go to Airbound Trampoline Park.  Then they came back to the house for birthday cookie and pizza and presents.  











I love how my kids love each other.  














w

And we shall enjoy this year as next birthday she will be a teenager!  Ahh... my heart.  Stay young and full of wonder my Sweet Tea.  





Two days after Maggie's birthday, is Micaiah's birthday.  Last year he was in the hospital on his birthday and his leg was broken that day.  :-(   Well, this year he was home, and he enjoyed his little party completely!



Seventeen years old.



I asked him what he wanted to eat for his birthday.  When he started naming off all of the things, I realized he was naming everything we had for Thanksgiving!  So, I did my best.











He was very impressed to receive a book.  He was even more impressed when he turned it right side up.




The third in the birthday run, is actually the first to have a birthday spot in that week.  Hannah's birthday is three days after Micaiah's.  




That's a lot of fingers.  IJS.










Quick shot of the hat I crocheted for Maggie.  























And the last birthday is Laz's.  We have no idea what year he was born, let alone what day, but he was assigned this birthday, so this is when we'll celebrate

We start the day with a picture of my two little men, ready for church.  I have never encouraged them to particularly dress up for church.  They just LIKE to!  Silas even bought a tie with his own money because he likes looking good.  And, you have to admit, he does look pretty sharp!  



So the little guy needed some help with the finger thing, but we managed to get nine up there eventually.

















A little help on the blowing out of the candles too, if you don't mind.







And there you have it.  Four birthdays down.  We get a little break until April and we have another little spurt of Art, Eden, and Silas.  




Hannah, teaching science to the kids.  She does an amazing job.  








The kids have really been enjoying puzzles lately, especially Silas.   Here's one my penpal in Brazil sent us for Christmas.  It was 1,000 pieces.



A 3-D puzzle of the Eiffel Tower.  Eden photo bombing.  And me wondering when on earth Maggie got so much taller than Silas!  They used to be so close, about a half inch apart.  I told Si he would probably catch up some day, but by the looks of things, that day is further off than I thought.  






Maggie crouching down, to even things out a little.  




My sweet kitty, taking a break.  It's a tough life you know.



...

No comments:

Post a Comment